Filmmaker, writer, academic, journalist and activist Tracy Sorensen is a woman of many talents. She touches on, and in some cases dives deeply into many of these areas in her chat with Rich. Her personal experience in learning about and coping with climate change is insightful and relatable and her gift for communication is obvious. Hear her perspective on the power of arts in talking to people on the importance of climate change, a view shared by the Climactic hosts and one we think you'll enjoy hearing. (And Tracy delivers a Climactic exclusive right at the very end!)
If you've got thoughts about the episode, and would like to join in the conversation, check out our new Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/273154463431041
Caleb Fidecaro — Producer
Rich Bowden — Co-Founder
Mark Spencer — Co-Founder
Abigail Hawkins — Designer
Greg Grassi — Composer
Special Guest: Tracy Sorensen.
- FEED4FARMERS — We are calling on the western region community and businesses to join our farmers hand in hand to battle the devastating effects drought is taking on our NEIGHBOURS, FRIENDS AND FAMILIES!
We will be asking for donations to supply feed for farmers stock to ease the burden.
- The squawkin' galah | Tracy Sorensen – writer, film maker, academic — Hi there! My name’s Tracy Sorensen. I write, make videos and teach media in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.
- Bathurst Community Climate Action Network | Taking steps towards a low-carbon, sustainable community — Bathurst Community Climate Action Network has been working on a local response to a global challenge for just over 10 years.
- Tense wait in the court house to hear the final verdict | Western Advocate — The action was part of a last-ditch effort by the tiny village of Wollar to save itself from a new open-cut coal mine on its doorstep.
- Storyland | Harper Collins Australia : Harper Collins Australia — An ambitious, remarkable and moving novel about who we are: our past, present and future, and our connection to this land.
- Staying with the Trouble: Making Kin in the Chthulucene by Donna Haraway | Review
Support the show: https://www.climactic.com.au/p/support-the-collective/
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.