Leigh has been a very important member of the Climactic community since Mark met her at an event in Melbourne. Her focus on scaleable solutions, and the way she keeps her finger on the pulse of the promising developments happening around the world, are a big inspiration to the Climactic team. It was Leigh that introduced us to Project Drawdown, the most comprehensive plan to reverse global warming, which has really opened our eyes to where we should be focusing our efforts.
Leigh is an absolute wealth of knowledge, and her passion is contagious, so we know you'll love this episode.
Caleb Fidecaro — Producer
Rich Bowden — Co-Founder
Mark Spencer — Co-Founder
Abigail Hawkins — Designer
Greg Grassi — Composer
Special Guest: Leigh Baker.
- Tools for Systems Thinkers: The 6 Fundamental Concepts of Systems Thinking — In this series on systems thinking, I share the key insights and tools needed to develop and advance a systems mindset for dealing with complex problem solving and transitioning to the Circular Economy.
- Turning regenerative thinking into sustainable business innovation — Are you adventurous enough to explore a smarter approach to business development?
- Circular Economy - The Ellen MacArthur Foundation — The Ellen MacArthur Foundation works with business, government and academia to build a framework for an economy that is restorative and regenerative by design.
- The Blunt Report - Podcast | Science | Knowledge — Mark on the Blunt Report.
- Drawdown - Climactic Curated Videos - YouTube — Climactic's curated playlist of Drawdown videos
- Ecology of Commerce by Paul Hawken — The world has changed in the seventeen years since the controversial initial publication of Paul Hawken'sEcology of Commerce, a stirring treatise about the perceived antagonism between ecology and business. Yet Hawken's impassioned argumentthat business both causes the most egregious abuses of the environment and, crucially, holds the most potential for solving our sustainability problemsis more relevant and resonant than ever.
- Drawdown by Paul Hawken — In the face of widespread fear and apathy, an international coalition of researchers, professionals, and activists have come together to offer a set of realistic and bold solutions to climate change. One hundred techniques and methods are described here-some are well known, some you have never heard of. They range from clean energy to educating girls in the developing world to land use practices that pull carbon out of the air. The solutions exist, are economically viable and communities throughout the world are currently enacting them with skill and determination.
- Drawdown — 100 Solutions to
Reverse Global Warming
- Paul Hawken — Paul Hawken is an environmentalist, entrepreneur, journalist, and author.
Support the show: https://www.climactic.com.au/p/support-the-collective/
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.