Zoe Pook and her family live in Cobargo, NSW. She was travelling with her 2 children to Adelaide for a wedding when the firewall hit Cobargo and incinerated much of the town. Her husband, a volunteer firefighter, stayed to battle the fire and save their house. He is one of our nation's heroes. Fortunately he survived. Unfortunately, like many others in Cobargo that day, they lost everything. This is Zoe's story.
Catastrophic is a dual podcast and political protest.
Catastrophic tells the tales of the Australian bushfires and calls for political action around Climate Change. Every story we gather, every episode we release, of the Catastrophic podcast is being sent in a protest letter to over 100 politicians and members of the media, every week.
These are our demands for effective Climate Action:
- No new coal, oil and gas projects, including the Adani mine and the Wallarah 2 coal project.
- 100% renewable energy generation & exports by 2030
- Fund a just transition & job creation for all fossil-fuel workers & communities.
- Hand over land conservation management to First Nations Australians
- Start preserving our water and treating it as a precious resource not a commodity.
If you or anyone you know has a story they would like to share from or about the Aussie bushfires please instant message us via the Catastrophic Podcast Facebook page or email us at and we will get in touch to record your story.
:Listen Up Podcasting
Facebook and Twitter @KelButler
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.